Re: Planting times

Chris, again..
	Bruce H ***, Clarence will know the last name, puts SIBERIAN and
JAPANESE in pots, these pots in a child's swimming pool,and they are taken
out once a week or so, until they establish a really good root system.
	This would NOOT NOT NOT work for bearded iris.
	But, by establishing them in pots to get a good root system gives
a great deal of control.  You might even be able to overwinter in the pots
in a cold frame which is heavily insulated with plastic bags full of leaves,
an idea a master gardener gave for bulb forcing... he suggested plastic
ice coolers (K-Mart variety) in the garage... I bet that would work.
	If you don't, of course, follow my earllier suggestion to store them
till spring...
	Carolyn Schaffner, in Buffalo, NY, USA