Re: Iris Experiment!

Chris!! Me again!! My mail has come to me backward, number one is the discussion, number 45 is the experiment!!  Your questions concerned planting medium
and type of container....  tricky!! and whether to use the basesment...
where I gather they wouldn't freeze.
	In principle, I'd suggest doing whatever you can to duplicate your
own garden's conditions, that is, use soil, not peat (not peat in any case,
it will really hold moisture and surely promote rot, especially if you cn't
prevent freeze thoawcycles by insulating the containers///) use clay to promote
"breathing" instead of storing moisture,  and I'd sure want the rhizmes to
freeze..... folks in the south might get good results if they don't freeze...
Fascinating problem!! Do you have a cold frame?? Someone suggested to me
a plastic dome sold by Parks Seed for a wintering place for some perennials...
maybe that would help you??
Carolyn Schaffner can't wait to hear what you finally do about it --