Re: Iris Experiment!

Hi,  I'm Lora M, reading about your Iris problem and getting
different answers to solutions on how to save Irises from the cold
winters.   When carolyn wrote about cold frames, that rang a bell and
I thought that was an excellent idea.   You can make them yourself at
half the price and any size you want.  I did that for my vegetable
garden and I used them to cover some ferns that are sensitive to cold
30 degree winter.  We get snow but nothing that lasts very long.  I
also cover my Irises all year with bark and have never had rot or
mildew problem.
I enjoy reading everyone's response.  good ideas.
Lora M.