L Golly Gee - Weather in Southwest Kansas - Region 18 - not nice last night.  I had 6" in my rain gage this morning.  Was up until 4 am unable to sleep, a bit too noise with golf ball sized hail and no electricity in parts of the town.  Yep - not a pretty site in the iris beds.  Did I cry?  Not yet, still numb.  Worst part - farmers.  The wheat harvest has been behind, 2-3 weeks later than normal already due to moisture.  All this hail and more rain, guess we could plant rice instead.  Can't wait to get to work this afternoon to hear all the "war stories."  Have the weekend to clean up - tree limbs everywhere.  Still unsure what I'm gonna do for our annual iris sale with all the names ripped off the leaves.
Nancy Price
Region 18, SW Kansas, Zone 5, AIS