CULT: report on miscellaneous 'new' cultivars

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

All of these are in the 'rebloomer' beds with real soil, raised beds,
weeding & regular staring at.

ZING ME - two starts, one bloomed nicely, both plants growing well,
little damage, good increase

ARMAGEDDON - very pretty, but I don't think they sent me the real
McCoy.  This was a pale pink ground, with a dark rosy pink wash in the
falls, no the deep burgundy with a pink rim that the Schreiner's catalog
shows.  Have other listers bloomed this one.

EASTER VIGIL - this bloomed, but I don't remember it at all.  However,
the plant is something else for health and vigor.  Huge fans, with no
damage.

COUNTRY CHARM - win a few, lose a few.  3 bloom stalks, wonderful growth
thru the winter, then ptui.  Massive foliar injury, some rot.  Maybe if
it survives, it will do better after it gets some Tennessee growth.

TERRA ROSA - didn't bloom (terminal killed on rhizome), pretty bad
drought damage.

RED HAWK - two starts, rot from cold, rot from rain, bloomed on stunted
stalks, terrible foliage.  This one might do better in the gravel field.

BRONZETTE STAR - cold injury, rot from cold injury, tried to bloom.
Might also do better out in the open.

BURST - slight drought damage.  No bloom.

GLACIER POINT - some drought damage, some cold injury, stunted bloom
stalk - too early for here.

Biggest disappointment was SHIRLEY M.  It has looked so good everywhere
I've seen it around here, I was sure it would do well for me.  Maybe if
it's still alive next year.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
only thing left to report on are the 'new' plants from Eagleville, plus
a few others out in the weeds in the gravel field, where I fear the
copperheads might leap out and get me.  So I will finish taking notes
after Roundup.

How has ONElist changed your life?
Share your story with us at http://www.onelist.com