CULT: iris terms

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

I'm about to show just how ignorant I can be, so be gentle!

I'm doing a few illustrations of beardless irises and have no idea what the
proper word for the "almost leaf" type gismos that are joined to the stem
where branches would be attached. (I've been told that "gismo" on an
otherwise correct chart doesn't quite cut it.)

I'm also in need of a word for the area from where the stylearms are
connected down to where the stem begins on an unpollinated bloom. Is there
one word that would be accurate?

Thanks,
Christy Hensler
Newport, WA z4b The spurias have started blooming and the LAs are in gear!

Enjoy 120+ unique music channels right from your desktop! Download
Spinner Plus 2.0 <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/spinner1 ">Click Here</a>
Spinner.com. Where music lives online.