hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

CULT: iris terms

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

I'm about to show just how ignorant I can be, so be gentle!

I'm doing a few illustrations of beardless irises and have no idea what the 
proper word for the "almost leaf" type gismos that are joined to the stem 
where branches would be attached. (I've been told that "gismo" on an 
otherwise correct chart doesn't quite cut it.)

I'm also in need of a word for the area from where the stylearms are 
connected down to where the stem begins on an unpollinated bloom. Is there 
one word that would be accurate?

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA z4b The spurias have started blooming and the LAs are in gear!

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Enjoy 120+ unique music channels right from your desktop! Download
Spinner Plus 2.0 <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/spinner1 ">Click Here</a>
Spinner.com. Where music lives online.


 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement
Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index