Re: TB: Smells like lemon

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: Smells like lemon
  • From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 09:46:05 -0400

At 02:34 PM 6/30/99 -0000, you wrote:
James; I haven't checked it out yet but acquired a Iris named Lemon Mist during bloom season. We put a stalk of this in our kitchen ( as it was available ) and it talked to us in the air. (very aromatic. ) Hopefully with research and that we will add it to our garden as we have a start. I would definitely look for it as far as aroma. Bill
Stone's Iris Garden
23801 Shake Ridge Rd.
Volcano, CA 95689
3500 ft. elev. 55 miles SE of Sacramento, California
Sunset Zone 7

Lemon Mist is too late. This is something her mother grew. We now think it was Afterglow (Sturtevant - 1912). That wouldn't happen to be one you're carrying, would it?