hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

Re: Digest Number 575

From: IrisDnD@aol.com

  You asked: what the modified leaf at the stem to stalk junction is called? 
I've always heard it refered to as the BRACT.
   You asked what the style arms attach to at the bottom of the flower? I've 
always called it the OVARY(pollinated or not) which becomes the POD for the 
  I hope this has helped.~Diane

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

What do fashion and football have in common?
They both have communities at ONElist.  Find yours today!


 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement
Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index