Re: CULT: SHIRLEY M

From: "Perry Dyer" <pdyer@flash.net>

A quickie from Perry.  Supposed to be out digging orders, but just too hot
right now....

Shirley M?  One of my very favorites this year.  Top 10.  Like its
overlooked parent, Sophistication (Hamblen), it blooms very late in the
season -- usually after "the crowd" has departed for the season.  One of the
few things this year that inspired me to get out and making crosses after
convention this year (seriously, I didn't even LOOK at that garden for a
week after y'all went home from the national convention <G>).  By the time I
"got in the mood for love" again, most of the TB's were way-gone, so few TB
crosses were made this season.   But I do have 5 big-ol' pods on Shirley M.
I think it's the best and most beautiful creation ever of the late Evelyn
Kegerise.  I will always grow it.  Elegance supreme.  Performs well here, or
I wouldn't be hybridizing with it.

Perry Dyer
Blanchard, OK

>Donald, Walter, Perry, anybody in zones 8 or 9 where it's alternating
>soggy and dry and miserably humid grow this one?
>
>Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

>ONElist:  the best source for group communications.
>http://www.onelist.com
>Join a new list today!

Check out this week's ONElist of the week.
http://www.onelist.com
How is ONElist changing YOUR life?  Visit our homepage and let us know!