Re: RE - June bloom report

And from central Oklahoma (can you believe it!):
Cantina (Monty Byers), which was in full bloom 2 weeks ago during the daylily national convention, and is still throwing stalks, well branched, with excellent substance to endure upper 80's-low 90's temperatures
Ruth Black (Paul Black), which I didn't know rebloomed!
Sopra il Vulcano (Augusto Bianco), BB, ditto, and was even better than it looked in April -- rich, rich color
Simply Stunning (Darlene Pinegar), convention guest, looking better than during the iris convention (of course, it hasn't HAILED here since the iris convention!)
What a difference a year makes.  This time last year, we had already had a dozen days over 100 degrees, and I was ready to commit fooky-yooky.  Granted, the summer is "young", but thusfar we have only had about a half-dozen days in the low 90's and sufficient moisture to support the rebloom mentioned above.
Rebloomers?  I've always sworn them off here, because of fears of summer watering -- and summer rot.  But I'm rearranging the garden somewhat, now that the conventions are over, and I'm going to have an honest-Injun REBLOOMER bed.  In the private median guest bed, Chuck Chapman's magnificent SDB plicata, Ruby Eruption, has already rebloomed 3 times since its primary bloom in early April.
Perry Dyer
Blanchard, OK

Rebloom report for the month of June:
Mike Sutton