Re: SPEC: native iris seeds

From: dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Dennis Kramb wrote:

> From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
>
> Well I didn't find any iris seeds to collect, but I had a lot of fun
> anyway!  We hiked for about 4 or 5 miles through Shawnee State Forest in
> south central Ohio.  Saw lots of great wild flowers, but no irises.
>
> Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
> Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6; AIS Region 6

Dennis, Irises at this time of year would be nearly invisible since they
would be showing green seedpods or maybe brown ones only not the so
visible flowers so you'd have to know where the plants should be before
you could see them. The other plants would have stalks and leaves either
taller or bigger than the irises which would make the irises more
invisible. I find it helps if you know where the irises are situated
when you are looking for seedpods.

 --
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

URL for the North American Native Irises web page
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html

Campaign 2000 is here!
http://www.onelist.com
Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist.  See our homepage.