Re: Digest Number 577

From: IrisDnD@aol.com

  On your cracked bloomstock....if it has only one bud left, you have equal
choices leave it there,perhaps tie it to a bamboo support stick to prevent
further cracking.  Or cut it low, put in a vase for the house, then with a
sharp knife do surgery to make crack a clean finished cut....again two
choices. Either leave cut exposed to sun and air to dry and heal for a day or
two, or if your area is rot prone sprinkle a little Comet cleanser or 1 to 10
bleach solution over cut, wait one day then put dirt back to normal

  I think you are clever to make the Batik connection, Allan Ensminger did
indead  let some of his re-select seedlings go out to budding hybridizers. I
checked some of the Nineties check lists and Ensminger uses EX:85-13 seedling
numbering which I interput to mean yr:85 and cross # 13. I also checked
Kasparek and Maryotts numbering system and they don't coincide with the
sdlg#837943. These are the other two color break hybridizers who came to
mind. So the mystery continues~Diane

Attention ONElist list owners!
Check out the new "DEFAULT MODERATED STATUS" option.