TB: Ensminger seedling?

From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>

--- "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com> wrote:
> From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
> A foray to a garden in Coeur d'Alene Idaho resulted in
> the addition of a
> few TBs and BBs listed by seedling number only. The owner
> made mention of
> the person she'd gotten these from purchasing from the
> hybridizer but
> couldn't remember any of the details.
> Three of the seedlings are so close to Batik in color and
> form that it's a
> reasonable bet they came from the same cross. One.... A
> TB.... Is a mottled
> lavender with dark lavender/purple/rose splashes on the
> petals. It's listed
> by seedling number  837943. I'd guess this might be
> another from the same
> hybridizer and would like to find out more about this cv
> since I intend to
> make it a permanent resident.
> Does anyone recognize the number or have any ideas how to
> find out what
> this one might be and if it was introduced?
> Thanks,
> Christy Hensler
> Newport, WA z4b
> V. sez:

   Ensminger used to sell off collections of his culled
seedlings - someone local has one of these that looks a lot
like PEACH JAM. It sounds likely that these may be from one
of these sales, in which case they will never be introduced
or named.

Vince Lewonski
Secane, PA  Zone 6

"I love my irises like my children - and if they don't meet my expectations, I chop 'em into little bits and throw them on the mulch pile!!!"
Do You Yahoo!?