SPEC: iris cristata seed pods

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: SPEC: iris cristata seed pods
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 07:04:06 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

The patches of I. cristata in the woods here are pretty much nothing but
cristata & easy to find even at this time of year.  I've never noticed
seed pods on them but haven't been looking, so was inspired by the
recent discussion to go hunting for some.  No luck.  What do the pods
look like?  Are they conspicuous and held above the foliage or do they
flop over or?  How long after bloom would they be visible?  If I'm too
late this year, would I still be able to see stalks?  Anybody have pix
to post?  Thanks.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA