Re: CULT: summer iris observations

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

  All but two of the pods were
> from aril ancestry crosses,  so maybe the germination will be sparse?
> Donald Eaves
> donald@eastland.net
> Texas Zone 7
> Donald, it may also depend on the parents you have used.

   I do not line out my arilbred seedlings until the fall following the spring of
their germination.  In a pot of ZEZURA X TEL AVIV, I am continuing to have
germination.  Four more seeds have sprouted in late June and early
July.  The pots with the arilbred seedlings were moved to the shade
in mid May when the weather turned off hot.  I am thinking that the
'coolness' of the shady spot prompted further germination.

  I gathered my first tet LA pod.  It had one seed in it that looked
like a peanut, not the usual 'crescent' configuration of a typical LA
seed.  This is the first pod ever on a tet LA.......SNOWY CHANGE.

The above are a few summer observations from

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS 7/8