Fwd: Reblooming Iris proposal

I have been talking with the person, Leslie Finical, whonis in charge of the
test gardens at theDallas Arboretum.   She is interested in establishing a
test bed for
remontant iris there.   This would be for seedling and newly introduced
cultivars
to be evaluated as to growth, rebloom, disease resistance, etc in the Dallas
area.
I am not aware of but one iris test garden (Denver) and none in the
southwest, so
I think this would be a worthwhile trial garden.   The growers would be
informed
of their plant's progress.   I would appreciate any reblooming iris
hybridizer's
comments on this.  If any of you on iristalk know hybridizers who are not
members,
would you please forward this letter to them.  I can be reached privately
at-- patsiris
@aol.com, or at-- 10320 Epping Ln.  Dallas, TX 75229.   If there is enough
positive
response, this program will begin next year, after the guest iris are removed
from
the test garden area at the arboretum.   These beds have created much
interest in iris by the general public, and I think that the reblooming iris
test bed would be a great way to show what is available now.
                                                    Pat in Dallas    (Pat
Norvell)