Re: TB: Ensminger seedling?

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

 > From: "J.F. Hensler"

 > Three of the seedlings are so close to Batik in color and
 > form that it's a
 > reasonable bet they came from the same cross. One.... A
 > TB.... Is a mottled
 > lavender with dark lavender/purple/rose splashes on the
 > petals. It's listed
 > by seedling number  837943. I'd guess this might be
 > another from the same
 > hybridizer and would like to find out more about this cv
 > since I intend to
 > make it a permanent resident.
 >
 > Does anyone recognize the number or have any ideas how to
 > find out what
 > this one might be and if it was introduced?

Christy,

As Diane and Vince have noted, Allan Ensminger did offer a collection of
his selected seedlings for sale in the early 90's, but the seedling number
you quoted does not match Allan's system for identifying seedlings. There
is a color photo of a selection of the variegated seedlings Ensminger was
offering for sale on page 64 of the April '91 AIS Bulletin. One of the
seedlings depicted corresponds quite closely to the one you have described.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

http://www.onelist.com