Re: SPEC: native iris seeds

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>> Well I didn't find any iris seeds to collect, but I had a lot of fun
>> anyway!  We hiked for about 4 or 5 miles through Shawnee State Forest in
>> south central Ohio.  Saw lots of great wild flowers, but no irises.
>Dennis, Irises at this time of year would be nearly invisible since they
>would be showing green seedpods or maybe brown ones only not the so
>visible flowers so you'd have to know where the plants should be before
>you could see them. The other plants would have stalks and leaves either
>taller or bigger than the irises which would make the irises more
>invisible. I find it helps if you know where the irises are situated
>when you are looking for seedpods.

Now you tell me.  LOL!  :)

Well the primary reason was to out on a nature hike.  But I took supplies
with me just in case I stumbled across anything interesting.  I was in a
State Park anyway so it's probably all for the best that I didn't find any
seeds to bring home.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

Attention ONElist list owners!
Check out the new "DEFAULT MODERATED STATUS" option.