Re: OT-BIO: Daren (RED IRIS)

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

On 8 Jul 99, at 3:06, Jackcp1@aol.com wrote:

> From: Jackcp1@aol.com
>
> If anyone has any info on this, PLEASE let me know....if
> all else fails, Im gonna spray paint a white one red!...Thanks for any help.

	Spray painting will probably cause the bloom to collapse.  Best
bet is to stick the stalk of a white iris in red food coloring and let
the flower absorb the color.  Look in the archives for 1997 and enter
cake color as your search term.  There is no guarantee here that
you will get a red iris.  Whatever you get in this procedure will be
unique, indeed, and will get this person's attention, and they will
forget temporarily the need for a 'truly' red iris.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

http://www.onelist.com