Re: OT-BIO: Daren (RED IRIS)

At 03:06 AM 7/8/99 EDT, you wrote:
>From: Jackcp1@aol.com
>
>Hi, i'll let you know right off the bat, I know nothing about Irises. A
>really good friend of mine recently told me that there is no such thing as a
>red iris. Her name is Iris and I would really like to get her a red iris for
>her birthday if that is possible. I find it really hard to believe that a red
>iris cannot be bred. If anyone has any info on this, PLEASE let me know....if
>all else fails, Im gonna spray paint a white one red!...Thanks for any help.
>Daren
It depends on what shade of red. There are some lovely, deep wine reds out there. If you want International Harvester truck and tractor red, you'll have to look for something in the line of Louisiana iris. After you've satisfied that, you can start looking for a blue lily.

James Brooks
Jonesborough, TN
hirundo@tricon.net
Webmaster: