Re: Meaning of "Space Age Iriises"

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Hi Michael,
A space age iris is an iris that has appendages, either horns, spoons or
flounces, extending from the beards.  I was under the impression that the
term "space age iris" came from the time in history when iris with horns
were introduced.  Did that make sense?  The 50's and 60's were called the
space age which is when horned and spooned iris made it to commerce.  I can
just imagine a new type of iris right now being called "information age
iris".  Hey John, a new subject tag, IA. :-)  Hope that helped.
Mike Sutton