CAT: My first order of the season has arrived!

  • To: "'iris-talk'" <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: CAT: My first order of the season has arrived!
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:25:15 -0400

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Actually my third order but the first two were spring shipments of
siberians.  This is the first order of bearded -- and what an order.  Roger
and Rick (Superstition Gardens) were munificent once again with their
extras.  And given that this is the first order of the season, we are
already talking about where we can plant it all.  It is starting to look
impossible to plant it all at our place.  Then again, we look up the extras
and want to keep them.

And the size of the rhizomes!  Based on the size of the rhizome and number
of side buds, ZANDRIA is going to rival the one that we got of HELEN BOEHM
from MacMillian's last year.  That one put out five bloom stalks!

And Murphy's law hits once again.  The rain finally arrived this week so we
have been unable to plant.  Actually rain is an understatement.  We have
been getting torrents.  Monday night was quite a spectacle and no few trees
were felled.  Of course the tree that is in the way of another iris bed is
still standing.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.