Re: ARIL: I. hoogiana and stolonifera

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>>Hi folks, I recently became enamored of these two rascals and would
>> be interested in buying or trading for them if anyone cares to share.
>
>I purchased both of these a few years ago from Lowell Baumunk
><Lbaumunk@aol.com>.

Chad, I am getting both of these from the Aril Society plant sale.  If
you're a member of ASI look up LATE AMETHYST (1954, Lloyd Austin, lilac
blue self, selected variant of I. hoogiana) and WERCKMEISTER'S CLONE #2
(not registered, I. stolonifera, dark purple stands with darker veins,
white ground falls heavily veined dark purple).  If you're not an ASI
member, it would cost you $10 for a year membership, $5 for shipping, and
then $3 each (unless you buy bulk then it's $2 each for these particular
arils).

Or try Grandview Iris Patch (Arnold Ferguson <aril7gv@aol.com>) who I know
has several types of I. stolonifera.

Pleasure Iris Gardens (Luella Danielson) sells both species, but it looks
like only I. stolonifera (blue toned bicolor variant) is available this
season.

The order deadline for ASI Plant Sale is July 31st.

Good luck!

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

http://www.onelist.com