Iris Bloom in July???

From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@mb.sympatico.ca>

Good morning talkers,

BJ here in southwestern Manitoba, zone 3.

This has definitely been an odd iris year for me.  Normal iris blooming time
is mid-May to mid-June in these parts.  Not this year.  Started out normal
enough with the SDBs on the 13th of May but any resemblance of normal
disintegrated after that.  TBs Green Prophecy and Test Pattern finished
blooming last week.  Now it is July 8th and I still have TB iris in bloom.
The last bud on ColorTart opened this morning, yesterday Xanthrippes Halo
opened all four buds at once and I. christographe Black form has put up a
bloomstalk!  BTW, Xanthrippes Halo is spectacular and amlost indescribable!
Asiatic lilies and iris blooming at the same time, unheard of in my experience.

I'm just back on the list after an absence of about a month following a
magnificent garden tour of England and Chelsea Flower Show in May.  Visited
Wisley's iris trial beds and brought back lots of names to be on the lookout
for.  So many beautiful iris, so little time.

Glad to be back with you all.

BJ in MB  Canadian Prairies Zone 3

Campaign 2000 is here!
http://www.onelist.com
Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist.  See our homepage.