TB:ORDERS - Early Bird Award

From: Chad Schroter <Chad.Schroter@quantum.com>

	This years Early Bird Award (EBW) goes to Larry Lauer and Lauer's
Flowers - my order came yesterday. I ordered 6 Iris and received 13 big
rhizomes including all the ones I ordered and many from my wish list - way
to go Larry !  Go Lemon Pop !

	BTW FWIW I find that TMA can have the reverse effect of making posts
harder to read but YMMV IMHO TTYL.

	Finding a good Black for here in CA is not easy either - I am
impatiently awaiting a rhizome of MIDNIGHT OIL to use with dark rebloomers
like ROSALIE FIGGE and WINESAP. Larry was also kind enough to include VIOLET
TURNER a new darker rebloomer I can't wait to see as it has a reddish beard.

	Here in sunny CA we like to let our Iris go dry for a few weeks
before digging, this makes for a nice ripe, dormant rhizome which will keep
well out of the ground for a good while. They seem to be less prone to
problems after planting also. If I can plant them in July they usually take
off right away if I can keep them watered, the extreme heat of August
however is not the best for starting out and some will try to rot. I may pot
up some of the late arrivals this year per the Walta's suggestion.

Chad Schroter
Los Gatos CA Zone 9

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.