Re: TB:Black Iris:

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Hey BG,
J. Beetles hate soapy water on flowers.  Get a little garden sprayer out and
spray the buds.  Takes care of them here.  They go visit someone else.
About BTS, I try not to knock any Dykes winner for winning the Dykes.  If
something wins the Dykes it has to look real good somewhere to a lot of
judges.  BTS just doesn't do well here.  I am sure that some of our stuff
does great here and looks bad elsewhere.  Time changes our perspective a lot
too.  I look at stuff that our garden introduced several years past and
think, PU.  But at the time I am sure they looked good.  Mesmerizer and
Thornbird if seen in our seed beds would be immediately ousted and
don't even know if that was worth $.02