Re: OT: BIO:

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

What is your name?

Don't worry about your lack of experience.  There are lots of novices on
iris-talk.  Just be willing to ask questions and share experiences.

In my area (zone 4), I have been digging and planting bearded iris from
mid-July to mid-August -- preferably earlier than later in that time period.

Perhaps to help you out, everyone can list their top 5 performers this year.
You can also check the archives.  I started a thread on MUST HAVEs as I was
poring over catalogues in late winter.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)

> OT-bio Iris from Northern Missouri - Hello all Iris folks - I am a novice
> and have been growing Iris's (how could I not!) for about 5 years.  I
> really don't know much about them and would appreciate a list of have-to's
> from anyone who has the time to respond.  I see from the discussion that
> most of you are experienced and knowledgeable about Iris's so I apologize
> for my ignorance.  Also if there is a better web site for general Iris
> information I would appreciate someone sending it to me.  Thanks in
> advance for any help anyone may give me.  This year my Iris's were
> absolutely beautiful.  We had a very mild winter in Missouri (around KC)
> and lots of rain this spring and all the trees and flowers have been
> beautiful.  We buy our Iris's at an Iris farm called Comanche Gardens and
> they have been very helpful to us.  I have some re-bloomers coming this
> Fall, and I intend to dig up my whole Iris bed and replant them all in
> full sun (they get shade somewhat now).  When should I dig them up and
> when should I replant them?  Thanks again.

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.