Reblooming Iris proposal

From: "Gary D. Sides" <irisman@mindspring.com>

Gee Bill, so little patience...and each time it has been an
attachment.... some people can't read them...so in the interest of
taxing Bill's patience and helping Pat out......and letting all in on
the little secret...here it is in the body of an e-mail!!!!!!!!

From Pat:

I have been talking with the person, Leslie Finical, whonis in charge
of the
test gardens at theDallas Arboretum.   She is interested in
establishing a
test bed for remontant iris there.   This would be for seedling and
newly introduced
cultivars to be evaluated as to growth, rebloom, disease resistance,
etc in the Dallas
area.  I am not aware of but one iris test garden (Denver) and none in
southwest, so I think this would be a worthwhile trial garden.   The
growers would be
informed of their plant's progress.   I would appreciate any
reblooming iris
hybridizer's comments on this.  If any of you on iristalk know
hybridizers who are not
members, would you please forward this letter to them.  I can be
reached privately
at-- patsiris@aol.com, or at-- 10320 Epping Ln.  Dallas, TX 75229.
If there is enough
positive response, this program will begin next year, after the guest
iris are removed
from the test garden area at the arboretum.   These beds have created
interest in iris by the general public, and I think that the
reblooming iris
test bed would be a great way to show what is available now.
                                            Pat in Dallas    (Pat

Attention ONElist list owners.
We've just added a "NO ATTACHMENTS" option.  See homepage for details.