AIS: "Novelty" as a Term of Description

From: HIPSource@aol.com

wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<< Some people called them novelty irises. I don't like that either.   >>

Neither do I.

The term "novelty" "novelties" has an independent earlier history all of its
own in AIS ---and abroad--- and was used in the 'Twenties and 'Thirties and
probably for some time thereafter to designate the very newest introductions,
as opposed to "standard" varieties which had been around for several years.
These terms had precise time frames and it is all spelled out somewhere in
one of the early AIS Bulletins--available from HIPS-- which someone can look
up if they wish to know more specifics. Me, I'm basically in my yard today
and only came in for a glassatee and a cookie.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

Congratulations KNICKS@ONElist.com. Our latest ONElist of the week.
http://www.onelist.com
How is ONElist changing YOUR life?  Visit our homepage and let us know!