Re: AIS: "Novelty" as a Term of Description

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Subject:  "Novelty" as a Term of Description

I hate this term when applied to plants!  Says who?  Why?  What
exactly does it tell me?  Does it mean the bloom is unique?  Is it
saying the plant is difficult to grow?  Is the term implying the plant
in question is a fad?  Is it just not widely grown?

As a description, IMHO the term does not provide useful info.  At
least when the term "space age" is applied I have an idea of what
it refers to in terms of the the plant, tho I think it already has a dated
feel.  The latter makes it inappropriate since I think the best SAs are
surely in the future, not the past.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7