HYB: Quarterbreds

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Message text written by Bill Shear:

Is there anyone today working for quarterbreds using the much improved
halfbreds and up-to-date TBs?  If not, this is an empty niche in the iris
world that a young hybridizer would do well to fill.

I've experimented enough to get some nice quarterbreds with signals and
aril-like veining patterns, but this is really a program better suited to
someone who can grow TBs with less pampering than is needed here.  I think
it would be an attractive niche to any beginning hybridizer, regardless of
age, because no line-breeding is required.

Sharon McAllister

Campaign 2000 is here!
Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist.  See our homepage.