Re: OT-bio Iris from Northern Missouri

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>     OT-bio Iris from Northern Missouri - Hello all  Iris folks - I am a
>novice and have been growing Iris's (how could I not!) for  about 5
>years.  I really don't know much about them and would appreciate a  list
>of have-to's from anyone who has the time to respond.

Hiya, and welcome aboard!  I don't know what you have in your iris
collection so far, but I encourage you to try some beardless irises if you
haven't already.

I have a particular fondness for Louisiana Irises.  Others members on the
list are wild about Japanese Irises, and others love Siberian Irises.
Typically all of these prefer moist acid soils...so if you've got a soggy
spot in your garden, these will do great.

Check out my web site for some pretty pictures of Louisiana Irises.

There are some beardless irises native to Missouri too.  They're not
particularly flamboyant but they certainly do have their charm.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.