Re: AIS: "Novelty" as a Term of Description

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

On 8 Jul 99, at 20:56, Donald Eaves wrote:

> Donald added to what Walter and Anner had said about the word novelty..
>
> Hello Folks,
>

> Subject:  "Novelty" as a Term of Description

> I hate this term when applied to plants! (Walter & Anner)

>	Says who? (Donald)

	"Novelty" connotes the meaning of odd, off the wall, etc., and I don't think
SAgers are.

>  Is the term implying the plant
> in question is a fad?

	Now we are getting somewhere.  It was a fad back in the
sixties to name a lot of stuff SA, and I think it was Aline McMahan
who coined 'modish', pronounced  "mode ish'.  But after being
around for thirty or forty years now, they are no longer 'mode ish"!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8