Re: SP: Spage Age Terminology

From: "Title, CDR Lynn A." <titlel@spawar.navy.mil>

I agree that "space age" is altogether too '50's, and I don't have a better
term to offer (yet), but when I hear "appendaged" iris I think of Triffids
(dating myself again, aren't I?)

I've liked the terms "flounced" "spooned" and/or "horned" as clean and
specific, though who knows what Mike Sutton will come up with next,
requiring a brand-new specific term. How about "extended" irises?

Lynn