CULT: I. ensata

From: "Ian E. & Shirley Efford" <avocet.intl@sympatico.ca>

Dan's comment on the ensata that I sent mentions that the height of his
plants at flowering was about two foot.  That is true of most of my
Japanese this year but it is not typical.  Three foot or even taller
would be normal.  Almost all of them are two foot this year because of
an very early season or low rainfall.  I might note that the "crosses"
from Christy Hensler and new cultivars from Tony Huber are the exception
with the height over three foot in most cases and some large and
beautiful flowers on both.  Partricularly intriguing is a versicolor x
ensata cross from Tony's which has a very large flower that looks like a
large sibirica tetraploid cultivar and not at all like either parent.

Ian, in Ottawa

Congratulations KNICKS@ONElist.com. Our latest ONElist of the week.
How is ONElist changing YOUR life?  Visit our homepage and let us know!