Re: OT: Lloyd Austin

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

Sharon McAllister wrote:
> Austin was also a pioneer in
> popularizing arils and arilbreds.  I think he was one of the unrecognized
> giants of the iris world who was never truly appreciated.  I remember his
> catalogs from the early 1960s and wish I still had them.

One of my treasures is a set of placemats made from his '63 catalog. A
real beauty and a delight.

I bought 75 raffle tickets to be sure of having a good chance to win it.
I got writer's cramp from putting down my name so many times. I have
seldom been so relieved as when hearing my name called at the raffle
(Region 15 spring meeting a few years ago).

Gerry, in muggy Los Angeles