Re: CULT: Iris borer

From: RYFigge@aol.com

Nancy, you have  the most heartfelt sympathy.  That happened to me last year
-- and the year before i had replanted EVERYTHING  because it was needed --
and I had hoped to relax for at least 2 summers!  The infestation was a big
surprise but it was virulent.  Many years ago a young member of our Society
said  one should never give a neighbor any irises because they don't look
after them as you would --In this case I was not guilty, but the irises were
-and I am afraid are - in a friend's garden,  ''''it was devastating both for
the iris and for me!  I'm glad to say it is better this year, but---one
always wonders when the axe wull fall again!  Good Luck ==  I ddidn't get
finished replanting until Novmber!  Rosalie nr Baltimore zone 7 where we are
dying from the heat and the garden is drying up   ryfigge@aol.com