Re: CULT: Pinched bloom between fan

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From:  Kitty Loberg
>
> The only strange weather we had this year was a very late season, but the
> eight pinched blooms were throughout my garden, old beds, new beds, early
> season, and late season.    Does anyone know what causes this strange
> attempt to bloom?

Kitty,

I have occasionally had bloom such as you describe in my garden and
attribute it to the effects of frost at an early and critical stage of
embryonic stalk development. I suppose that exposure to herbicides might
also be capable of producing this effect.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Attention ONElist list owners!
http://www.onelist.com/info/news.html
Check out the new "DEFAULT MODERATED STATUS" option.