Re: TB:Black Iris:

From: "Perry Dyer" <pdyer@flash.net>

Oh, Mike!  Great name!  You are GOOD!  If your black iris is half as good as
the slides of it your "old man" showed us during the Pollen Dauber's Seminar
here in February, you're gonna have a winner.  It's already on my want list
under number.  Now I can go into the database and change it to Bye Bye

The comments on Before the Storm have been interesting.  I haven't been
officially counting, but it sure looks like:  Northern Zones -- nice;
Southern Zones -- forget it.  My own experience with it in central Oklahoma
tends to confirm my conjecture.  Although never a floriferous bloomer here,
it has performed better when we had a colder winter.  Mild winters -- no
bloom at all, or skimpy.  I'll still take Hello Darkness and just about any
other Schreiner's black over it any day.  The Schreiners are on a roll, but
I'd say they'll have Young Mr. Sutton to contend with in the very near

And Holy Night reblooms even for me, with no summertime water or extra
effort.  Now *there's* a Dykes that slipped away.  Such a healthy, rich,
consistent iris -- fantastic in the garden, and a *killer* on the show

Perry Dyer
Blanchard, OK