TB:CULT The Cleanup

From: "Cheryl A. Burch" <Cher541@prodigy.net>

               I live in zone 8 in the Pacific Northwest.  The flowers have
long since vanished and all the bloomstalks have been cut down.  When I
first started growing Irises I read that you trimmed the leaves in the fall,
I think someone said that you could trim them in the summer too.  Now I'm
reading in current catalogs that trimming is out.  I'm confused.  Should the
leaves be trimmed?  Does it serve a purpose?, other that being (briefly)
neat, tidy little soldiers out in the garden.  Fertilizing: In the Spring
before bloom and right after? or in the Fall? How late or how early after
blooming can you fertilize?

Attention ONElist list owners!
Check out the new "DEFAULT MODERATED STATUS" option.