Re: SP: Spage Age Terminology

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

Sandy Ives wrote:
> Given the note from Clarence, may I suggest "Austin" be used if we wish to drop
> 'Space Age'.  Austin Iris... has a nice ring to it.

There is a temperature scale not used much in the USA. When we do refer
to it, we call it Centigrade, as did its inventor. The official name,
used by most of the world that actually measures temperature that way,
is Celsius, for the guy who invented it.

So there is a precedent for using the inventor's name, rather than the
name he used.

Gerry, who has no problem with space-age as the name (having spent my
career working in the space program)

Attention ONElist list owners.
We've just added a "NO ATTACHMENTS" option.  See homepage for details.