SP: Space Age Terminology

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Message text written by Walter Moores:

>'"Austin Irises" would rule out Zurbrigg, Sutton, Hager, et. al.
contributions.  The way to honor Lloyd Austin would be to have a
medal for the class and call it the Austin Medal.  S A are a class, I
guess, since the JT book has a chapter on them though the official
AIS Ballot doesn't.  Confusion here!<

Well,  a few years ago I'd have argued against this as some of us were
trying to get an "Austin Award" established for the aril world.  That
movement seems to be completely dead, though -- so why not honor his other
achievements?

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com