CULT: Pinched bloom between fan

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

We seem to have at least one of these every year, but I've never noticed a
tendency for any one cultivar to repeat.  We use NO herbicides at all.  We
are, however, subject to late freezes and almost inevitably lose part of
the bloom season to freeze damage.  These pinched blooms appear later, more
of them in years that the freeze damage has been severe, so I've considered
them a different type of freeze damage.  It all depends on the stage of bud
formation when the cold hits.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.