Re: JI: Cult: acid lovin' critters

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

James, as you guessed, a lot of insects are attracted to the products of
decay and fermentation, which signals the presence of food.  However, these
rarely attack living plants, though they might work on damaged, decaying
tissue.

If you can catch a few of these using a small brush moistened with alcohol
(ordinary rubbing alcohol from the drugstore will do) and send me some in a
small vial or bottle of alcohol, I will see if I can identify them for you.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
(804)223-6172
FAX (804)223-6374
email<bills@hsc.edu>

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.