Re: HYB: Jim's seedling photo

From: IRISROT@aol.com

In a message dated 7/12/99 3:49:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
janclarx@hotmail.com writes:

> I know this was a mistake Jim, but enjoyed the pic anyway. I would love to
>  see more of your seedlings (posted to the iris-photos list). In particular
>
>  would love to see photos of siblings for comparison. I have enjoyed
studying

>  Sharon McAllister's sibling photo's on her web page and would like to see
>  the same from other hybridisers.
>  As a beginner hybridiser, it would be very interesting to see the
variation
>  (good or bad) obtained in seedling batches. Perhaps people are a bit
>  cautious about putting their seedlings in an archived form, particularly
>  their 'non keepers' but this would be a great learning experience for many
>  of us.
>
>  Jan Clark

Hi Jan,

I plan on posting siblings on the iris photo-list but at present time I have
none. I had four seed to germinate this is the only one that survived.
I do have a photo of the reverse cross I can post if your interested. Jan I
am new at this myself but want to help others become interested in
hybridizing. I am willing to give what little advice I can to help someone
get started. My main goal is to start some sort of seedling exchange among
hybridizers. Meaning seedlings that are nice but not good enough to be
introduced or used by me or the other hybridizer. Maybe you have a seedling I
would love to use so we trade. Maybe we could start a list such as this one
just for that purpose.

Someone e-mail me with info on posting to the iris photo-list. I will have to
become a member right?

								Jim Loveland
Zone 5

		Fenton, Mo