CULT: Pest Problem

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: karen von bargen
> Hi, All:
>   I don't know what's getting at the irises: all the leaves look like
someone went to a lot of effort to take little strips out length wise.
Earwigs? Snails? Whatever it was also got the glads. The canna looks like
it's been shot and now is Swiss cheesy. Probably the same culprit, right?
How would I seek out and kill whoever is doing this to me?

I would guess that the prime suspect is slugs (though it could be snails,
if they are a problem in your area). In either case get a commercial
slug/snail bait and scatter it around the affected plants or try the old
beer-in-a-shallow-bowl routine. Or if you don't mind dealing with the
culprits mano a mano, distribute some flats stones or scrap wood around
your garden, allow the malefactors seek shelter under them during the day,
and then turn the stones/boards over and exterminate 'em.

Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
See homepage for details on ONElistís new "FRIENDS & FAMILY" program.