Re: Re: TB: Cult: Tender Dykes

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 7/13/99 6:58:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lmann@icx.net
writes:

<< Anner - what James proposes might help root out some of the mislabelled
 cultivars circulating under false pretenses and might improve the
 reputations of some.  Can you share some sources that are known to have
 correctly identified cultivars of the ones you mentioned?  >>

I can not and do not officially make assurances about the authenticity of the
irises offerred by any nursery, nor can I warranty  anyone's satisfation in
any individual transaction with any nursery. I do actively solicit input on
about customer satisfaction, and those who know me know that at any time I am
interested in receiving information about relevant issues.This information
may inform the refferals I make privately to our membership, and also others
as time permits.

Anyone interested in discussions of the  habits of American Dykes Memorial
Medal winning irises should check out an article in the Spring 1995 issue of
ROOTS, the jounal of the Historic Iris Preservation Society. This article
(pp. 5-9) is "The Dykes Memorail Medalists," by Mary James of Minnesota, and
it treats them individually, based on one woman's experience of some years.

Back issues of ROOTS are avalable from the HIPS Publications Chairman, whose
address is on the HIPS page, along with lists and pedigrees of the Dykes
winners.

http://www.worldiris.com

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman