Re: SP: Spage Age Terminology

From: "Bill Stone" <wstone@volcano.net>

After reading a lot of messages on this subject I feel bad that some feel we
have conquered space and exploration is over with. If I was to voice for a
substitute name for the SA Iris instead of Space Age, I feel that something
like Tall Bearded, "Special Arena or Special Area" with the descriptions of
Horned, Flounced, Spoon, Streaked, etc following to explain why. BUT I do
feel a need of caution here as we are creating or separating Tall Bearded
iris where there is not a variety separation,,, rather then describing them.
Isn't this taking it to far.
     I do think the SA's need a simple way of desciption and we have used a
form of that for a year or two ( since the 50's )
Bill Stone- Stone's Iris Garden