Re: Re: stupid question?

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Dennis K. wrote:
>Methinks ye have slugs!
>Slug control #1:  diatomaceous earth ....

don't breath this stuff in!

>Slug control #2:  slug bait - poison - kills them

.....and the dog!

>Slug control #3:  beer - put a pie tin of beer out at dusk, and the slugs
>(or snails) will be drawn to the smell...crawl in & and drown!  repeat
>procedure until slug problem is gone

The problem goes away rather quickly if you drink enough yourself.

>Slug control #5:  ashes - slugs won't crawl over ashes from your fireplace,
>it won't kill them, but it will deter them.

'speciallty if they're good and HOT.

OK..enough nonsense. This is a perrenial thread, and I'd like to add a
particularly Australian version of catching slugs and snails:
Disolve a spoonful of VEGEMITE (we all have it in our cupboards) in warm
water, and use as for beer. Snails love it!

Cheers, Jan Clark

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.