SA: Space Age Terminology

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: "Bill Stone" <wstone@volcano.net>
> If I was to voice for a
> substitute name for the SA Iris instead of Space Age, I feel that
> like Tall Bearded, "Special Arena or Special Area" with the descriptions
> Horned, Flounced, Spoon, Streaked, etc following to explain why. BUT I do
> feel a need of caution here as we are creating or separating Tall Bearded
> iris where there is not a variety separation,,, rather then describing
> Isn't this taking it to far.

Space Age irises are not merely a subset of Tall Bearded irises. There are
"Appendaged" cultivars in most of the bearded iris classes now, just as
there are amoenas, plicatas, and variegatas.

Congratulations MilitaryEFM. Our latest ONElist of the week.
How is ONElist changing YOUR life? Visit our homepage and let us know!