SA: Space Age Terminology

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: "Bill Stone" <wstone@volcano.net>
>
> If I was to voice for a
> substitute name for the SA Iris instead of Space Age, I feel that
something
> like Tall Bearded, "Special Arena or Special Area" with the descriptions
of
> Horned, Flounced, Spoon, Streaked, etc following to explain why. BUT I do
> feel a need of caution here as we are creating or separating Tall Bearded
> iris where there is not a variety separation,,, rather then describing
them.
> Isn't this taking it to far.

Bill,

Space Age irises are not merely a subset of Tall Bearded irises. There are
"Appendaged" cultivars in most of the bearded iris classes now, just as
there are amoenas, plicatas, and variegatas.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Congratulations MilitaryEFM. Our latest ONElist of the week.
http://www.onelist.com
How is ONElist changing YOUR life? Visit our homepage and let us know!